Supplements for muscle: Bodybuilding Muscle and StrengthEditorial Team August 22, 2019 1 COMMENT
Extra workout requires more nutrition for extra power, strength, endurance as well as rapid muscle repair and recovery. And this requirement of the body is not fulfilled regular meals. At this stage, supplements are the choice to complete daily requirement of your workout routine.
Bodybuilding supplements can improve physical performance during resistance training and help to activate muscle growth. Protein and creatine are the two supplements that can have these effects.
Working outputs high level of strain on the muscle over a limited time period and the muscle becomes stronger and larger.
Many supplements for muscle building are available for people wishing to improve their powerful performance and improve their muscle growth.
In starting people don’t usually require supplements because they will build muscle quickly after resistance training.
Which nutrition your body needs to get fit and build muscle
When you work to need muscle, then you need to make healthy food in your diet. Carbohydrates, fats, fiber, magnesium, iron, calcium, protein, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytonutrients that build muscle, supply energy, decrease inflammation and boost recovery. These whole foods get awesome nutrition.
Here are some nutrients that your body needs to build and maintain muscle while keeping you healthy throughout the process.
It helps to improve sleep quality that is very important. When you are sleeping that your body is work to repair damaged muscle. Magnesium helps to build muscle because it promotes muscle relaxation. We get magnesium in leafy green, nuts, whole grains, legumes such as beans.
It plays an important role in muscle contraction, transmitting a message through the nerves, and release of hormones. If people are not getting enough calcium in their diet body takes calcium from bones to ensure normal cell function which can lead to weakened bones.
Calcium has actin and myosin, protein filament that provides energy that muscle needs to work right. Without calcium, your body can’t work properly. We get calcium in dairy, spinach, some fortified cereals.
It referred to as sun nutrients as your body absorbs vitamin D. It is helping to improve immune function and strength of bones. We get low levels of vitamin D from the dairy, egg, and fish.
It has several amino acids that are critical for both building and repairing muscle. We get protein from lean meat, fish, dairy, and beans.
It plays an important role in the body. Potassium helps in transport nutrients like water to your muscles. Which makes it critical in the entire muscle building process. We get potassium from greens, chickens, fish, banana.
It provides the body with glycogen which does not provide from the body. We get carbohydrates from whole grains, fruits, legumes such as beans.
Now we are going to tell you about 5 different essential supplements that will full fill your dreams of getting a good body.
Top 5 supplements for muscle growth
1. Protein supplements
Protein supplement is basically used for gaining muscle. Proteins are macronutrients needed by the human body for growth and maintenance. There are many sources of protein like meat, egg, and dairy. People use protein in different things including repairing and building tissue, acting as enzymes, serving as a hormone, and aiding the immune system. Proteins are four different types of macromolecules such as carbohydrates, fats, and lipids.
Protein is made of amino acid which repairs our skin and promotes cell growth. The highest protein diet can also promote weight gain or weight loss. Some of the best brands of Protein supplements are-
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, Double Rich Chocolate, 5 Pound
- MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder, Essential Whey Protein Powder, Isolate Whey Protein, Casein and Egg Protein with BCAAs and Glutamine for Recovery, Chocolate Milk, 4-Pound, 52 Servings
- GNC Pro Performance 100 Whey, Natural Chocolate, 25 Servings, Supports Healthy Metabolism and Lean Muscle Recovery
2. Weight gainers
Weight gainers are a group of high-calorie supplement that contains excess amounts of carbohydrate and protein. This product can help you to gain weight and muscle and similar to protein supplements. It is easily designed to help and get more calories and protein. A weight gainer is shaken very high amounts of protein and carbohydrates.
The benefits of weight gainer
- A weight gainer can help body muscle faster
- A weight gainer can help recovery enhance recovery from exercise
- Weight gainer supplements can improve exercise performance
- A weight gainer can improve protein balance
Best Weight Gainer products
- OPTIMUM NUTRITION Serious Mass Weight Gainer Protein Powder, Chocolate, 2.72 kg
- GNC Pro Performance Weight Gainer Vanilla Ice Cream 2.5 lbs
- Endura Mass Weight Gainer 500gms- Chocolate Flavour
3. Excercise- enhancing supplements
Excercise enhancing supplements is physical activity. Several supplements exist that may help you exercise harder which could lead to muscle gain over time.
Beta-alanine is an unnecessary amino acid. The unnecessary amino acid can be made by the body. So, they don’t have provided for food. Some of the amino acids are the building block of protein. Although most of the beta-alanines used to make other chemicals in the body.
Beta-alanines commonly used by mouth for improving exercise capacity, building lean muscle mass and improving physical functioning. Beta-alanine may interact with some heart medication. It is a pre-workout supplement enhances your workout capacity and strength.
Beta-alanine is the most effective in exercise lasting one to several minutes. It helps to minimize fatigue. while increasing muscle and exercise.
Top food sources of beta-alanine
- The top food sources of beta-alanine are meat, fish, and poultry. It is a part of compound mainly carnosine and anserine but breaks free when they are digested.
- Vegans and vegetarians have about 50% less carnosine in their muscle as compared to omnivores.
- Some people can get a sufficient amount of beta-alanine from their diet, supplement level increase even further.
Some beta-alanine supplements available in market
- Beta-Alanine Powder by BulkSupplements | Athletic Endurance & Recovery (500 Grams)
- NOW® Beta-Alanine, 750 mg, 120 Capsules
- Nutricost Beta Alanine Powder 300 Grams (10.6oz) – 3 Grams Per Serving
Dosage recommendation of Beta-alanine
- The standard dosage of beta-alanine is 2 to 5 grams daily
- Absorbing beta-alanine with a meal can further increase the carnosine level.
- A beta-alanine supplement is better at replenishing muscle carnosine level than taking carnosine itself.
What is the risk of taking beta-alanine supplements
Some people have reported itching of the skin after taking a large dosage of beta-alanine
Beta-alanine may interact with heart meditation and drugs for erectile dysfunction. It is not safe for children, people with many types of diseases, and women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
The people who suffer from these types of diseases firstly talk to your doctor before you take beta-alanine.
It is a compound that the liver, kidney, and pancreas produce and muscle throughout body stores. It is also present in food such as meat and fish. This supplement supports several parts of the body including muscles and it appears to play a role in muscle growth and physical performance.
Furthermore, it gives extra energy to our body which, you can take a heavyweight to do high-intensity exercise.
Creatine is made up of three amino acid which is glycine, arginine, methionine. These three chemicals are found in the lab.
Benefits of creatine
1. Help the muscle cell produces more energy
Creatine supplements improve your body muscle. it helps with the formation of new ATP, the key molecules your cells use for energy and all basic function of life.
2. Support many other functions in muscle
It can change cellular pathways that lead to new muscle growth. For example, It boosts the formation of a protein that creates new muscle fiber. Creatine can change several key biological processes that lead to an increase in muscle growth and size.
3. Improve high-intensity exercise performance
Training techniques to improve the ability to exercise performance. Creatine is one of the most important supplements for high-intensity exercise. This supplement has shown to enhance high-intensity exercise performance by up to 16%.
4. Speeds up muscle growth
Creatine is the world’s most effective supplement for speeds up muscle growth. Creatine can increase short term and long term muscle mass. It is the most effective muscle mass supplement.
5. May lower blood sugar levels and diabetes
Creatine supplements may occur lower blood sugar levels by increasing the function of GLUT4. Transporter molecules that bring blood sugar into muscle. Some proof suggests that creatine can help in lower blood sugar levels after meals, but there is little data on its long- term effects.
Creatine Supplement available in market
- Creatine Monohydrate Powder Micronized by BulkSupplements (1 kilogram) | 99.99% Pure High-Performance Formula | Pre/Post Workout Bodybuilding/Crossfit Supplement
- Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine Monohydrate Powder, Unflavored, Keto Friendly, 114 Servings
- MuscleTech Platinum Creatine Monohydrate Powder, 100% Pure Micronized Creatine Powder, 14.1oz (80 Servings)
Side effects of creatine
It causes stomach pain, nausea, muscle, cramping, and weight gain due to muscle retaining water.
Creatine and deficiency syndromes
Creatine is a natural substance and important for a range of body functions.
A young male weighing 70 kilograms has to take a creatine store around 120 to 140 grams. The amount varies between individuals. It depends on the person’s muscle mass. The deficiency of creatine is linked to a wide range of conditions
- Congestive heart failure
- Muscle atrophy
This review suggests that improving exercise over time, this supplementation can lead to an increase in muscle mass. Researchers found that combining heavy weight training with creatine supplements leads to greater muscle growth. It is not necessary that it takes 4-5 grams of creatine per day. Although many people find the excess weight is beneficial. This may involve taking around 0.2-grams creatine per kilogram of body weight every day at least 3 days.